IT Assistant – Permanent Contract
BA Components is the leading UK producer of quality furniture components for the kitchen, bedroom and bathroom industries. The company prides itself on service, product development and flexibility. This superior brand is already well established in the UK and continues to expand into new market segments.
Based at our Doncaster site a vacancy has arisen for an IT Assistant within our IT Department. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a flexible approach to work in a business environment.
Reporting to the Group IT Manager, your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Support users at all levels (both on-site and remote) with the installation, configuration and on-going usability of their computer, desktop/laptop systems, peripheral equipment and software including user training and familiarisation
- Supporting business software applications such as Syspro ERP through 3rdparties
- Support and maintenance of servers, networking and telephony systems both directly and through our external support partners
- Ensuring daily backups and restores are completed
- Identifying, owning and solving any problems that affect computer systems; hardware/software, desktop/server related
- Working alongside IT staff across 3 locations
Key competencies required:
- IT support experience (gained within the manufacturing industry is advantageous)
- Technical ability to manage and support operating systems, applications and network software
- Ability to select, install, maintain, repair and upgrade hardware such as PC’s and printers
- Networking skills and working knowledge of Windows services and Active Directory maintenance and user management
- Microsoft Office programmes, particularly Excel and Access
- Windows desktop administration
- Microsoft Office 2010 onwards
- Confident, motivated and organised with the ability to manage simultaneous activities without losing the focus on attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills to develop working relationships across all departments of the business.
- UK driving licence and a willingness to travel to our Rotherham site and occasionally our site in Cookstown, Northern Ireland.
- Programming and Report writing skills (Visual Studio / VB / Crystal Reports)
- Knowledge of Syspro ERP
- MCP/MSCA/MCSE qualifications beneficial but not essential.
Hours of work: Monday to Thursday 7.30am to 17.00pm & Friday 8am to 12pm (40 hours per week)
To apply please send a covering letter along with your CV to email@example.com
Salary: £20,000 to £23,000 dependent on experience.
BA Components is an Equal Opportunities Employer.